GaryCorby

GaryCorby

Jack Russell Dog Detective #3: The Mugged Pug

The Mugged Pug  - Daniel & Sally Odgers, Sally Odgers, Janine Dawson Here's one for the little people in your life. It can be quite tricky to encourage children to read mysteries; most of the crimes just aren'tappropriate for small children. So Jack Russell is a great idea, wellwritten. My 8 year old loved it. So did my wife. So did I. And it makes a terrific change from reading the interminable Rainbow Fairies.The story works well even for small children because it breaks for "Jack's Facts" along the way, which summarizes what Jack's discovered. And I loved the "Jack's Glossary" boxes which explain standard crime-terms in a unique way. Doggo obbo: an observation carried out by dogs. Steak-out: a place where detectives can watch suspects and eat at the same time.This from the jacket: "What's happening to the collars of Doggeroo? First Shuffle the Pug gets mugged. Then the ranger catches him without his collar. So when Red's collar is stolen, Jack knows he has a case on his hands. Will an attack of the Jack-pack be enough to nobble the mugger? Can Jack get to the bottom of -- THE MUGGED PUG?"